Monday 22 October 2007

Turtle buns from Nine Emperors Festival

Last Friday was the last day of the Nine Emperors Festival. This festival is celebrated for full 9 days and it usually rains throughout this period of time. Hence, shushu was getting very restless for the past few days as it keep raining and he couldn't go for his daily walk.

To celebrate the festival, the devoties will take vegetarians meals for full 9 days. As such, during this period of time, you can get very nice selection of vegetarian food. Besides this, you can also get a special type of steam buns, in the shape of turtle and colour in pink/red as well. They are available for purchase in pairs. These buns are made as a part of the offerings to the gods during the festival.

Here is a picture of the turtle bun I bought (3 left as 1 eaten by me!)


Shushu's reaction to the turtle bun



There are lots of ways to eat them - you can just steam them, or you can fry them with butter or made french toast out of them. Being the lazy person I am, I just use the simple way of steaming them. I have given some to shushu as a treat. Shushu is crazy about buns, all type....

small piece - look not so happy


bigger piece - happier


Happy Nine Emperors Festival!!

3 comments:

Kien said...

Hi ShuShu... u r so handsome!.. love your blog.. and thanks for visiting me at my blog and was a great advise on hammie too.. thanks again!..

hope u dun mind if i link u in my fav.

Cheers
Rossi

Amber-Mae said...

Hehehe, oh my dog... They are sooo funny looking! Shu Shu, your lip got stuck in your mouth. That happens to me too...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

shushu, momo & kero said...

hi rossi,

Thanks for visiting my blog also.
Saw the new cage for Lucky. Look fabulous! I am sure Lucky will be very comfy in her new cage...hehe.
I will be happy if you link me. :)

Hi amber-mae,

yah, shushu lips always stuck in his mouth coz he got loose lips - drool a lot too...kekeke